Casual Party Planning Checklist
One Month Before the Party
- Create your guest list.
- Mail invitations or send e-vites.
- Choose a theme and select whatever party decorations, music, and games you might need; then start shopping for any items you'll need.
- Plan your party menu and hire a caterer, if you'll be using one.
- Purchase disposable tablecloths, plates, and plastic utensils or launder linens and dishes for a more elegant party.
- Purchase non-perishable food items on your list.
- Prepare any items on the menu that can be frozen ahead of time.
- Clean the house.
- Remove clutter to create more space for guests.
- Rearrange or remove any furniture that you want to protect.
- Let neighbors know about the party if you expect it will affect parking on your street.
- Decorate indoor party areas or outdoor areas that are covered.
- Buy perishable food items.
- Finish cooking last-minute menu items.
- Prepare a place for coats.
- Set out any food that doesn't spoil 1-2 hours before guests arrive; wait to set out any food that may spoil quickly.
Using a checklist will help you stay organized and get your party off without any snags. Are there any items you would add to this checklist? Tell us in the comments!