Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has Sprung


Spring has Sprung. {Yay!} And, so has my Wheat Grass. {Double Yay!} Nope, I don't eat or drink the stuff. I know, I know it's supposed to be super nutritious but the thought of ingesting anything grass related just doesn't sound appetizing to me - at all.
***
So, bet you are wondering why I'm growing trays of wheatgrass. For my Easter tablescape, of course. My goal is to complete one this weekend. One thing is for sure - I need to do this soon as this grass is at the exact perfect height and green-ness. {Another Yay!}
***
Years ago I attempted growing wheatgrass on my own and I failed miserably as I purchased seed and directions specifically for wheat grass that one juices. This time I purchased kits from Dogwood Farms as they actually have centerpiece kits available. I purchased their 8" round centerpiece kits. The kits come with perfect instructions on how to grow wheat grass for centerpieces - it needs to be grown thicker than wheatgrass for juicing. I was a little pessimistic, I must admit - as by day 4 I barely had any growth. But, here we are at day 7 at it's just perfect. Will definitely be using them again.
***
Anyhoo, stay tuned for my Easter tablescape photos utilizing this lovely spring grass. :)

No comments: