Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sally & Dominic - The Perfect English Wedding

Earlier this summer I had the pleasure of working with Sally & Dominic (actually, mostly Sally) on creating pinwheels for her perfect English wedding. When the original color palette was forwarded I must admit that I was a little concerned, but the more I began working to create these papers, the more I fell in love. How could one not? The color palette is just so fresh and fun! And I must admit that these are probably one of my favorite custom pinwheel creations ever! I did do some major sweating over the shipment of these fragile items all the way to England - I tend to worry about shipments arriving safely, and thankfully these did!
I was super ecstatic when I received a message from Sally (pictured above with her new hubby Dominic) earlier this October with links to her wedding and specific links to the pinwheels. Not only do I love seeing how my pinwheels are used, call me nosey, but after working for brides for such great lengths of time, I also love to see how all of their other wedding details. And of course, finally getting to put a face to a name is also nice. :)

Sally chose to use the pinwheels as place cards as well. I love her silver tins and it appears that the sand filler worked perfectly.

Pinwheels spin, spin, spinning away. Love it!

And also loving the building in the background. So reminiscent of the English countryside.

Thanks so much Sally for sharing your pinwheels and wedding day with me.
It was a wonderful pleasure working with you.
***
Photos courtesy of Helen Maybanks Photography.





No comments: