Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Twirling with Delight - I'm Martha Stewart's Doer of the Week!


Sometimes a girl just needs to twirl with delight, but today, and the rest of the week, it seems I’ll be twirling with delight so many times that I’ll also become dizzy with delight.   Today has to be the best day of my professional career - I’m honored to be named Doer of the Week by Martha Stewart’s Dreamers into Doers.

My road to this honor started 4 years ago this month.  Forty eight months ago my business started as a creative outlet and overtime it has turned into a full-time profitable business and career.  Years ago I would have never in my wildest dreams have thought that I’d be receiving such recognition from the Martha Stewart community.  On a day like today, I feel as I’ve been rewarded for all of the hard work and long hours that have gone into building Pinwhirls.
I have many to thank:
-   All of my previous customers, especially those who have nudged me to create new
products.  My business would not have come this far without each and every order.
-     My sister, Erin – my master pinwheel assembler, for over 2.5 years.  Without her,
the business literally could not exist!  (I do not tell her this enough).
-      My family for always being there and putting up with the highs and lows I’ve
experienced over the past 48 months.
-     Everyone who has helped Pinwhirls along over the past 4 years from accountants, to
writers, to proofers, to web designers and programmers, to part-time employees.  Their
work and expertise has helped lessen my workload which is very much appreciated.
-     Finally, a word of thanks to Martha Stewart, her staff, and every Dreamer.  Not only
am I very thankful for the personal recognition, I’m also thankful for the community that
Martha helped create and for all of expertise and ideas that Dreamers continually add to
the environment.  Many times larger businesses just don’t understand how smaller craft
type businesses such as ours operate.  The Dreamers into Doers site has turned into an
invaluable resource for small business owners like me and I’m beyond thankful that
Martha continues to give back with this site as well as events like the Dreamers into
Doers annual event.
To read more about my road from Dreamer into Doer, visit my interview at Martha Stewart’s Dreamers into Doers. And to those reading who haven’t yet become a Dreamer, I encourage you to sign up and begin learning and networking with the thousands of other Dreamers and Doers already on the site.
Shana

No comments: