Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pinwheels Spinwheels

I've been up to my eyeballs in pinwheels lately. Custom pinwheel orders have literally taken over every facet of my life and my home (well, except for the bathrooms - that would just be gross!). By months end I estimate I'll have made over 800 (both cupcake toppers and handheld pinwheels) for various birthday parties, weddings, and event planners. I'm really excited about this explosion in business. Although I must admit a bit stressed some times as well, but now that I have the process down I think I can almost construct them in my sleep - kind of like that cell phone commercial where the guy is texting in his sleep. (Love that one!) Although the cutting process for me might be a bit dangerous to perform with my eyes shut.

At the end of the month I plan on posting photos of some of the larger custom orders - some are very cool and for some very exciting events. :-)


In other news, our gardens are really blooming - especially the hydrangeas. I'm trying my hand at drying hydrangeas this summer. If I'm successful I plan on using them in my August tablescape - which may not be posted until September - especially the way things are going around here. :)


We also have abundant amounts of tomatoes and cucumbers. We can't eat them fast enough. Although our co-workers are loving us for bringing it what we can't consume. The above is a tomato mozzarella salad we made last week. So yummy and easy. Just slice tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese ball. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, chopped basil, olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette and tada your done. :-)

No comments: