|Photo Courtesy of Prue of Gigi & Lulu|
5 Steps to Being a Better Party Hostess
- Work Ahead. It's important to get all of your prep work—like making the hors d'oeuvres and decorating—completely finished before your guests start to arrive. This way you have time to interact with everyone. Most of the time the party hostess is the one person all of the guests have in common. That makes you the social glue that keeps everything together.
- Personally Welcome Your Guests. Even if your guests will be letting themselves in and arriving at different times, make sure you greet them as soon as possible after they arrive. Welcome them, and make that little bit of effort to let them know you're happy they could come. Fill them in on the conversation or the current activity so they can jump right into the mix.
- Be Happy. If you're not enjoying your own party, chances are your guests aren't either. Don't sweat the small stuff and don't make excuses for things that didn't go as planned. Relax, smile, and have fun. Your guests will appreciate it!
- Limit Your Guest List. A big party is great, but only if you truly have the room for it. If you want your guests to be comfortable make sure you don't have them packed in like sardines without room to mix and mingle.
- Let Others Help. Many times people will offer to help you in the kitchen or to set up for the next game or activity. Let them. You don't have to do everything yourself, and its a good way to include people who feel like they are out of the loop.
For party invitations, decorations, and inspiration, don't forget to visit us at www.pinwhirls.com!