Whether you're planning your parents' 25th or your grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary celebration, we've got party suggestions to help you make your next wedding anniversary extra special!
Planning a 25th or 50th Wedding Anniversary Party
Is the big celebration going to be a surprise? If you so, you want to make sure that your wedding anniversary invitations remind everyone that the party is a secret!
Here are some must-haves for the big event:
- A slide show illustrating the couple's lives together from the day they met to the most recent photos of them with friends and family.
- Cakes or cupcakes. We love the idea of replicating the original wedding cake in some way, but you could also use more contemporary cupcake toppers to match a specific theme.
- Decorate with larger matching Pinwhirls imprinted with the couples' names and anniversary date for an extra special touch.
- Hire a band or a DJ to play the couple's favorite songs. Don't forget to find out what special songs should be included. What song was played at their wedding? What song did they first dance to? What song do they call "their" song?
- Don't forget to book a photgrapher! Just like the wedding, the anniversary celebration is something you'll want to remember through photos and video.
- Ask the couple to share a special moment or favorite memories from their years together. They can share this as a toast, make it part of the slide show, or include it on the party invitations.
What other tips and suggestions do you have for those celebrating milestone anniversaries? Share them with readers in the comments!