- Wear Green: This should go without saying. However, if green doesn't make regular appearances in your wardrobe, finding the right outfit might require some planning. Fun printed Tees are always a favorite. But if you don't feel like buying a shirt you can only wear once a year, there are plenty of options. Go for some fun (and cheap!) plastic shamrock sunglasses, an emerald cardigan, or go for the mismatch with some bold green socks.
- Make Green Treats: Shamrock shakes are always a hit, but you can make most anything green with a few drops of food coloring. Try green cupcakes, frosting, cream cheese, milk, and even mashed potatoes!
- Irish Cupcakes: Nigella's Guinness cake (can be make into cupcakes) makes a great dessert for St. Patrick's Day. Although it's made with a little bit of beer, the cake is moist, sweet, and very chocolatey. We highly recommend it.
- Irish Decor: Drop some Lucky Charms on a green tablecloth or fill a large pot with gold foil covered chocolate coins and set the pot at the end of your own rainbow. You can make the rainbow by hanging streamers from a door frame in color order or drawing one with sidewalk chalk if you plan to party outdoors. You can also search all Pinwhirls papers tagged "green" in our Flickr gallery!
- Make a Replica Blarney Stone: The Blarney Stone resides at Blarney Castle in Ireland, and according to old legends kissing the stone will give you the gift of eloquent speech. If you've got a large landscaping stone--perfect! If not, you can always create one out of papier-mâché, poster board or styrofoam.
- Serve Corned Beef and Cabbage: Corned beef and cabbage is a favorite on St. Patrick's Day. Foodnetwork.com has a great recipe compilation for making this Irish dish inventive. There are even recipes for corned beef and cabbage rolls and pizza. Yum!
How do you plan to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?